Mobile Sales & Growth Director
Working with minimal supervision, the Mobile Sales & Growth Director is responsible for all new sales and existing growth-related opportunities and projects for companies in the wireless/cell phone industry. Principle business objectives include scoping business development opportunities, negotiating contracts and services, organizing implementation of programs, ensuring program goals and deliveries are met, and maintaining ongoing relationships and program improvements with applicable vendors. This role reports to the Vice President of Mobile.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, ABILITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Close new deals and manage a pipeline of mobile growth opportunities
- Attend client meetings to introduce strategic growth topics and recommend impactful solutions
- Drive B-Stock’s presence and promotion at mobile-focused trade shows, educational sessions, and industry events
- Perform market-sizing and research programs to identify areas of opportunity within the wireless industry
- Expert contract management skills and familiarity with customer agreements and procurement processes
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be nimble and cross-functional simultaneously
- Drive the creation and distribution of mobile-specific sales collateral, and marketing content
- Ability to elevate professional conduct to meet the highest levels of enterprise wireless clients
- Identify potential strategic partners and programs through outreach, identification and research
- Develop a deep knowledge of the B-Stock platform, services, and solutions
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers and cross-functional teams to meet or exceed sales and growth targets
- Self-Management - The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes
- Frequent Interaction with Others - The job requires a strong “people orientation”. The job will comfortably deal with multiple interruptions on a continual basis, always maintaining a friendly interface with others.
- Attention to Detail - The ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree, with accredited study in business management, marketing, entrepreneurship, merchandising, supply chain, financial analysis or related area of study required.
- Business development, sales, account management, merchandising, purchasing, or experience in a retail, consumer electronics, wireless, logistics, technology, eCommerce or related environment required.
- 7+ years experience in sales. account development, business development, account management, or related role.
- 7+ years experience managing complex sales programs, growth programs, projects, and teams
- Superior knowledge of retail, liquidation, wireless, consumer electronics, cellphones and wholesale principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(K)
- Paid time off
- Telecommuting and remote-work options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events, annual company events, and frequent extracurricular activities
- Unlimited snacks and drinks (in office)
B-Stock is the world's largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise - ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
Work Authorization required.