Senior React.JS Engineer
B-Stock is looking for a React Engineer to work within a cross-functional team to deliver high quality software for the next generation of the company's SaaS infrastructure. The position allows for opportunities to manage and architect SaaS driven software solutions to deliver integrated mobile and web-based applications.
We are looking for someone that has an enthusiastic attitude to build and architect UI applications in React / Redux for customer facing and internal tools. Someone who understands the full stack implications of their choices, advocates for solving problems with good user experience in mind and knows how to balance tech debt against a constant flow of new features.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience with client-side state management using Redux
- Facilitate asynchronous calls between UI and Restful API's
- Experience creating responsive applications
- Experience with React unit testing using Jest
- Experience with React build process and tools like Webpack, Babel and Gulp
- Handle cross-cutting concerns like authentication/authorization, I18N, logging, security, and testing into developer boilerplates to minimize production errors
- Partner with the DevOps Team to support UI continuous integration and deployment processes
- Interact directly with UX/UI designers to implement UX/UI strategies and designs
- Assist QA in resolving issues by reproducing, diagnosing and studying the root cause
- Follow the product requirements for the future product release development and innovation
- Being conversant across front and back-end development to make modifications and enhancements across all aspects of the system.
- Ongoing interaction with designers, project managers and testing on application usability, features and performance.
- Interpret wireframes and requirements documents into sound technical solutions.
- Work on projects from product requirements to launch, including code review, unit testing, testing and deployment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and/or appropriate experience
- Overall more than 7+ years' experience with system design and development of web applications
- 1+ years production experience with React JS (and/or other modern frontend frameworks, Angular, Vue, etc.) and associated tooling (ex: Redux, Jest, Enzyme)
- Experience with mobile & desktop browser concerns, capabilities and limitations.
- Experience with OO design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience working with SCM platforms such as Git
- Technical project experience, including analyzing, documenting and designing software system architectures
- Experience with secure application development (website and web services security) is a plus
- Mobile application development is a plus
- User Experience design experience is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Attentive listening skills
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(K)
- Paid time off
- Telecommuting and remote-work options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events, annual company events, and frequent extracurricular activities
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
B-Stock is the world's largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise - ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
Work Authorization required.