Marketing Data Analyst
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you will function as an analytics partner and a central resource to the Marketing organization. You will become responsible for measuring Marketing performance and advise on how to continuously improve our performance. You will become an expert in B-Stock data and will provide analyses to cross-functional team members. You will create visuals illustrating data trends and help the Marketing teams on how to use and interpret reports.
We are looking for an analytics enthusiast who has a strong bias toward action, enjoys finding patterns amidst chaos, and has demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise business partners on user behavior patterns and relationships in the data to guide strategy
- Conduct thorough analyses and provide actionable recommendations and best practices for the Marketing team
- Drive interpretation, socialization, and adoption of analytics insight
- Provide support to improve the efficiency of our marketplaces and internal business processes
- Develop and maintain reports. Be the first point of contact for any updates requested by the Marketing team
- Develop a deep understanding of available data and how they can be used for different analyses to answer questions and solve problems
- Problem-solve, synthesize, and effectively communicate findings to all levels of the organization
- Own multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably at a marketplace high-growth tech start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics/Mathematics/Statistics/Data Science or equivalent degree
- Advanced knowledge of writing and optimizing SQL queries, and working with large and complex data sets
- Strong problem-solving and analytics skills coupled with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels in the organization
- Proven success with owning multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives
- Experience with or interest in learning analytics tools (Google Analytics, Salesforce) and data visualization (Tableau)
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(K)
- Paid time off
- Telecommuting and remote-work options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events, annual company events, and frequent extracurricular activities
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
B-Stock is the world's largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise - ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
Work Authorization required.