Online Course Instructor - Data Literacy, Data Governance, Data Ethics, & Data Compliance (Part-Time, Freelance)
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
About the role:
High Quality course content and top-tier instruction are critical to our success. As an instructor, you will work with our content team to build a best-in-class data course that helps learners grasp new concepts and practice them through a hands-on learning experience! To be successful, you will need to take ownership over course development and production, collaborate with our curriculum experts and content team, and dedicate approximately 8 hours per week for 10-12 weeks. No prior teaching experience is necessary. Our curriculum experts and content developers will help you every step of the way as you create the course!
You’ll receive a multitude of benefits as a DataCamp instructor, from your building on personal brand to scaling your impact to a global audience of ~5 million data professionals! You’ll also get monetary compensation, and access to our DataCamp network and resources!
Check us out at http://www.datacamp.com/create to learn more about creating content with us!
- Talented data industry professional skilled in data leadership, data strategy, data analytics, or data governance roles
- Passionate about teaching data skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Previous education/teaching/training/mentoring experience
- Previous DataCamp experience in taking course content
- Previous experience with Github
- Previous data literacy or data governance experience
*Please note that this is a part-time, contract, remote position.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.