Senior Director of Channel Partnerships
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Senior Director of Channel Partnerships
DataCamp is looking for a Senior Director of Channel Partnerships who is responsible for our end-to-end global partnership program. This role entails cultivating relationships with data science and analytics consultancy firms and transforming them into resellers of the DataCamp learning platform. As an integral part of our B2B revenue organization, you will directly report to the Chief Revenue Officer, receiving support from the founding team.
In H2 2023 we have finetuned and successfully tested our partner value proposition and go-to-market strategy. The emphasis of our value proposition lies in showcasing the synergy between our learning product and the partner’s existing services (e.g. powerBI, Tableau, Databricks, Snowflake, Python etc implementations), our attractive commercial terms of 20%-30%, and a low-effort and speedy rollout that allows for quick revenue attribution on the partner side. The positive reception we have received so far on this program has us optimistic that this program is ready to scale globally under the right leadership.
This is a role for builders who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves. To be effective in this role, you must have a high sense of urgency, be revenue focused, and be able to collaborate closely with a team of sellers, legal experts, marketeers and learning solutions architects to recruit, onboard and do joint sales with new partners. In your first 6m your ability to book initial conversations with new partners will be key to success. Therefore this position is ideal for someone with a strong network within the data science and analytics sector, with a passion for building channel partnership programs from scratch and who wants to join a fast-growing startup.
Upon meeting success criteria this role can evolve into managerial responsibilities.
- End-to-end responsibility over developing DataCamp’s global channel partnership program from the ground up.
- Recruitment and onboarding of new channel partners.
- Build strong relationships with existing partners and drive engagement further using DataCamp’s new offerings and curriculum areas.
- Align cross functionally with our marketing, sales and learning solutions architect teams to launch and support our channel partners in the best way possible.
- Track, analyze and communicate key channel partnership performance metrics to the company.
- Develop a long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth of channel partnerships at DataCamp.
- Targets 2024: recruit 50+ new channel partners; contribute $500k+ in channel partner ARR
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have a strong understanding of data science & AI space.
- Developed one or more channel partner programs from the ground up within the data science and analytics sector.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in recruiting, onboarding, joint selling and delivery of a channel partner program within the data science and analytics sector.
- A strong network towards key decision makers at data consultancy and services companies in the USA and/or Europe that you can leverage from day 1.
- You score yourself in the top 5% regarding the ability to recruit new channel partners
- You are not afraid of a start-up environment
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.