Content Developer Intern
Who We Are:
At DataCamp, we're not just a platform; we're the catalyst for a data-fluent world. We enable individuals and businesses to leap forward in data science, providing them with top-tier education, certification, and collaboration tools.
By the Numbers:
- 400+ dynamic courses
- 270+ renowned instructors from 35 Countries
- 90+ hands-on projects
- 12 million+ global learners
We're proud to be backed by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice, and Arthur Ventures, aiming to hit $100M ARR in the upcoming years. While our roots are in New York City, our presence spans London to Leuven, with a vibrant team of 200+ members working both on-site and remotely.
About the role
As a Software Engineering and Data Engineering Content Development Intern, you’ll work with our talented Machine Learning, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering Curriculum team to review and improve our content library. You’ll focus on our Python, SQL, data, and software engineering courses, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and, most importantly, an advocate for our learners. Please note that this position is primarily a content developer intern position, not an engineering internship.
This internship is a full-time paid developmental opportunity where you will learn by doing! The position is ideal if you’re interested in software engineering, data engineering, machine learning engineering, online education, and would like to learn more about teaching these topics to thousands daily. You’ll also find out what working in a fast-growing international startup is like.
- Improve and support extending our library of Python, software engineering, data engineering, and machine learning engineering courses, projects, and practice pools.
- Ensure live courses are up-to-date and of the highest quality
- Write automated tests in Python to provide personalized feedback for learners
The ideal candidate
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- 2+ years of profound programming experience in Python and good SQL skills
- Hands-on knowledge of Docker and CI/CD practices
- Actual teaching or mentoring experience is required
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools (i.e. GitHub or Kubernetes)
- Strong interest in software engineering and data engineering, as well as online education
- Very organized and process-oriented
- Strong attention to detail
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.