Senior Software Engineer
Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $3.5 billion in sales from over 60 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
The Senior Software Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager is responsible for providing a portion of the technical leadership that teams need in order to effectively deliver products to their customers. The role is expected to predictably make good decisions by relying on their experience, their ability to gather data, and their relationships with their colleagues.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for Postgres (Aurora) database including upgrades with zero/little downtime, establishing best practices, and authoring runbooks.
- Dig into application development usage of database and help identify hot spots and optimize queries in various ORM frameworks.
- Support Rails infrastructure upgrades including gems, packages, and connected services.
- Advocate for and support delivering solutions that offer clear pathways for improvements.
- Evangelize the execution of best practices that reliably produce good decisions across engineering.
- Implement metrics and dashboards that are needed to provide high-resolution observability of their systems.
- Engage in in-depth discussions with the Product team or Product Development teams to develop tradeoffs that guide decisions about system complexity vs. customer impact.
- Ownership of problem solving, independently able to delve deeper in an area to find a solution.
- Plan projects that will ensure the success of the team 3-6 months out. Actively engage in designing systems ahead of time to ensure proper planning.
Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of Postgres and multiple database experience
- Application development experience in Rails trending towards devops systems architecture
- Understanding of AWS services such as EKS, RDS, S3, Lambda
- Understands how to efficiently and reliably diagnose issues and ability to discuss how decisions are made in terms of tradeoffs and practices
- Appropriately allocates time and focus to ensure that the team is supported
- Confidence in the ability to discuss how work is prioritized, planned and executed
- Can develop reliable best practices and playbooks
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as GitHub, ArgoCD, Harness, CircleCI
Nice to have:
- AWS Certified Database
- Knowledge of real-time streaming databases, real-time events platforms, and ETL products
- Writing infrastructure as code, in Terraform is a plus
- Growth mindset: Ability to build trust and credibility, demonstrate emotional intelligence, and position for success
- Self management: Ability to be a person of influence, communicate effectively, and manage oneself effectively with personal development and productivity
Kajabi Core Values:
- Obsess over Customers - under promise and over deliver for the sake of the customer.
- Be Ambitious - have a bias towards action.
- Take Ownership - never utter the words, “That’s not my job.”
- Simplify - find the best solution with the least complexity.
- Foster Belonging - allow everyone, regardless of experience or background, to contribute and be heard.
- Control Our Destiny - make deliberate decisions and build for the long term.
Minimum: 2-3 years of experience
Preferred: 5 plus years of experience
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.