About the role
Kajabi is looking for a Lead Copywriter to join our in-house brand team. The brand team is responsible for elevating Kajabi into an iconic brand that creators and entrepreneurs love and trust.
We are looking for a strong conceptual creative leader with a copywriting background to create multi-platform marketing campaigns and activations across our portfolio of products. You will report to and work alongside our Creative Director to develop and support the team in creating big idea-driven creative. This role requires great conceptual thinking, flawless execution, bold innovation, passion, and optimism. The ideal candidate has deep experience in leading and creating work for the world’s most recognized brands and has a solid understanding of advertising, brand building and storytelling. This is an exciting opportunity to define an innovative brand and make a massive impact as part of a small team.
The impact you will make
- Develop big, cut-through ideas, stories, and messaging that connects with our audience of creators and entrepreneurs.
- Take ownership of content development and messaging across all channels, including video, social and influencer campaigns, experiential activations, OOH, CRM, branding and logo design, PR programs, and much more.
- Help establish and ensure that Kajabi’s voice is successfully implemented across every brand touchpoint.
- Manage highly visible and complex projects that have wide impact across the business.
- Set the bar high on creative execution and get there fast without sacrificing quality for speed and effectiveness.
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details, while also knowing when to lead and when to help.
- Be a thought leader to stakeholders and collaborators from a brand and messaging standpoint.
- Develop a deep understanding of creators’ mindsets, attitudes, behaviors, and needs to inform strong empathetic and strategic executions.
- Partner and nurture relationships with cross-functional teams across marketing, product, partnerships, community, and PR.
Attributes for success
- At least 8 years of experience as a conceptual copywriter at an agency or in-house creative team working on 360 campaigns, 3+ years leading teams and projects.
- A standout portfolio that demonstrates your ability to come up with simple, original ideas and innovative approaches across channels, along with the writing skills and attention to detail to execute superbly in a variety of mediums
- Ability to craft everything from clever headlines to cut-through scripts to engaging long-form copy.
- A solid understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting and encouraging brand standards and aesthetics.
- A proven commitment to hard work and collaboration even when under the pressure of tight deadlines or multiple assignments
- Clear and effective written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- The optimism to think bigger and the curiosity to dig deeper.
- The flexibility to work as part of a team one day, independently the next.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new ideas, processes and business problems with ease and enthusiasm.
Bonus if you have
- Experience working in the creator economy or with creators and entrepreneurs.
- Experience working on tech brands, especially software.
Kajabi team benefits package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational Allowances
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and qualifications.