Senior Software Engineer, Commerce
We Make Knowledge Worth More.
Kajabi is an incredible place to work (if we do say so ourselves). We call our customers our Heroes because they are. We celebrate and support every one of them working to create a thriving business based on what they know and share with the world.
With our robust product features, Heroes have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and we are proud to have enabled these entrepreneurs to generate over $3.5 billion in sales from nearly 50 million customers to date.
Kajabi is at another inflection point. With over $100 million in revenue and a significant round of funding that values the company at more than $2 billion, we are writing the next chapter in our journey to build a great, enduring company that redefines the knowledge economy.
Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Senior Software Engineer, Commerce - (REMOTE)
We are looking for experienced engineers to join our growing team and help deliver the product vision of payments at Kajabi. This is an important hire for Kajabi as you will be a key contributor to one of the most critical products in the Kajabi ecosystem. Today, our application is powering tens of thousands of businesses with over 1B GMV annually. Kajabi is building one of the fastest-growing, category-defining products for the creator economy.
You will be responsible for designing and building our brand new Kajabi Payments platform while working with our amazing product team. You must be experienced in building highly scalable and resilient systems that can meet our customers needs and perform under load. You’ll collaborate with other engineers across the organization to solve complex, technical, and interdependent problems. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Payments.
The Impact you will make
- Design and develop Kajabi’s brand new payments and billing platform and tools to support payment processing.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increase Kajabi’s offering for knowledge entrepreneurs to build their business.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems to build new solutions for Kajabi’s payment platform.
- Work cross-functionally with our product managers and designers to plan, strategize and execute against the roadmap for Kajabi payments according to our product principles - think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level and junior developers.
- Occasionally participate in customer feedback interviews led by the product manager or designer to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product.
- Serve as a point-person during work hours for one week as part of our rotating schedule.
Attributes for Success
- You’re a software engineer who cares deeply about delivering operationally excellent systems through meticulous attention to details.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to solve complex problems and deliver a high-quality product.
- You feel confident architecting features without needing as much software design help, but rather take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You have deep understanding and strong experience designing and building system with object oriented programming languages.
- You are a believer in SOLID principles, automated testing, CI/CD, and keeping our platform operationally excellent.
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a high traffic SaaS environment.
- You have some experience providing technical leadership in small teams.
- You have the ability to get yourself unstuck most of the time.
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS.
- You have experience mentoring or teaching other developers.
Bonus if you have
- Experience building payment platforms from the ground up.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational Allowances
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
Remote and local applicants welcome! Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and qualifications.