Senior Software Engineer, Monetization
Kajabi exists to empower entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about building successful online businesses.
It wasn't too long ago that in order to market and sell online courses and digital products, you would have to piece together several pieces of software and figure out how to wire them all up to talk to each other and hope that it works out. You'd have software to run your mailing list, maybe another for your drip email campaigns, then another to power your website, and another to power your courses, and yet another for processing payments, and not to forget about analytics.
For most people, this is an overwhelming prospect, and in many cases, a non-starter. Serious folks would hire expensive consultants to do this work for them, and often opt to build a custom solution based on a hodge-podge of Wordpress plugins. What a nightmare!
Kajabi's mission is to provide an all-in-one platform so that our customers only need one tool to build, market and sell their digital products and courses online.
Senior Software Engineer, Monetization
The Impact you will make
- Advocate for delivering solutions at a scale that is right for our actual market. Offer clear pathways for improvements. Ensure the team is executing on practices that reliably produce good decisions.
- Author runbooks that document the team's best practices for operational excellence.
- Execute post-incident investigations that are necessary for leveling up their teams’ practices.
- Implement logging, metrics, and dashboards that are needed to provide high-resolution observability of their systems
- Engage in in-depth discussions with the Product team to develop tradeoffs that guide decisions about system complexity vs. customer impact
- Understand our users via data and customer research, adding logging and building reports as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improving Kajabi based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
- Build out new flows, interfaces and features as needed to support a better site experience both inside and outside a monolithic application.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level and junior developers.
Attributes for Success
- You’re a software engineer who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in growth at a company that is serious about data and experimentation.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to solve complex problems and deliver a high-quality product.
- You feel confident architecting features without needing as much software design help, but rather take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You are a believer in automated testing, TDD, BDD, CI/CD, and keeping our platform operationally excellent.
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a SaaS environment.
- You have some experience providing technical leadership in small teams.
- You have the ability to get yourself unstuck most of the time.
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS.
- You have experience mentoring or teaching other developers.
Bonus if you have experience with...
- Bottoms-up growth SaaS platforms
- Experimentation frameworks.
- Build and support software that makes the world a little bit better by empowering thousands of people to help millions of people get a little bit better at... just about everything: We've built a product that people from all walks of life are using to teach just about anything you can imagine, from personal development, to personal finance and investing, to software development, to yoga, or floral arrangement and everything in between and beyond. Whatever your interests, there are likely at least a few customers who are sharing that kind of knowledge with the world, using Kajabi. If you care about teaching, sharing, and helping others, consider your work at Kajabi a force multiplier that will touch the lives of millions of people. You'll learn a thing or two about what it takes to create, market, and sell digital products. You might even be inspired to make a course of your own—we'd love that!
- Work with an incredible group of human beings: "It's the people." That's what everyone seems to say when asked what they like most about working at Kajabi. It's what candidates say when they come and visit the office and meet the team for the first time. We spend a major portion of our lives at work, so above all we try to be good humans, to each other and to our customers.
- Work within a collaborative and high performing cross-functional product team: We've divided responsibility for our app across several cross-functional teams consisting of about 7 to 10 people including a product designer, QA, UX developer, and a few full-stack or backend developers.
- Join us as we enter into a new season of growth: We've been bootstrapped, profitable, and proud since day one. We launched in 2010 with an incredibly successful product. In 2016, we launched the third ground-up rebuild of our core product, one that we plan to shape and grow for many years to come. We have a stable and mature application with thousands of customers that count on us to continuously improve and support each and every feature. We've been able to build a large and successful app with a tiny team, but in this new season, we've divided up our application into more focused areas of responsibility.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Casual Dress
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, code samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.