Business Development Manager - Business Intelligence EMEA
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Business Development Manager - Business Intelligence EMEA (in our office or remote in Europe). Revenue Insight is the business intelligence platform that unlocks the potential of your PMS data and delivers actionable insights to hoteliers. Revenue Insight visualises their main business drivers by combining market segments, channels, source markets, transient and groups data.
For this position we're looking for someone with a strong Revenue Management background and who has extensive knowledge on different RMS & PMS. You’ll play an important role in the global roll-out of Revenue Insight and will be involved in developing the go-to-market strategy for your region. If you’re looking to get your hands dirty, if you want to take the opportunity to work with local and global hotel chains whilst helping us in the roll-out of Revenue Insight in this early stage of growth. Great, read on!
- Source potential client opportunities via cold calling, (cold) emailing campaigns and through interaction with professional industry network groups
- Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences, and have the freedom to organize regional roadshows and business trips to build pipeline and achieve targets.
- Build, organize and execute a business development plan to achieve business aims and sales targets.
- Utilize and develop innovative strategies to maximize results and win over challenging targets.
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner.
- Preparation of accurate quotes, development and presentation of proposals to clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Organization of online (WebEx webinar) or personal product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Maintain accurate records of your business development activities on Salesforce
- Achieve sales KPI's and targets.
- Sales to be finalized in a timely manner, with a focus being placed on being proactive.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective clients and new accounts.
- Continue to identify upgrade opportunities with the existing client base and generate new sales from these organizations.
- Contract negotiation as required, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and Lighthouse's profit margins.
- Ensure all documentation is complete post sales to set up trials, and to move the client to a subscription.
- Provide client feedback on products to the Product Development team so that products can be reviewed in line with the feedback.
- Demonstrate commitment to the team, to ensure the team achieves its goals, objectives and SLA's.
- Adopt the relevant processes, procedures and policies to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to.
- Where necessary identify shortfalls in the process and procedures and suggest process improvements.
- As Revenue Insight is a young product and new company focus, additional responsibilities/tasks might be require.
Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions;
You have 2+ years relevant experience in revenue management
Strong knowledge of different Hotel PMS & RMS software
Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills, sales skills;
Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and teams on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis;
You are fluent in English and you know your way around in one other language (preferably French, Arabic).
Strong entrepreneurial skills to excel in a complex and rapidly evolving environment
Able to perform under pressure
Ability to travel frequently and have the flexibility to work in different time zones
Is able to lead meeting with C-levels of global chains and to present at conferences
At Lighthouse you join the #bestteamever where you can be part of developing a market-leading technology platform. As a high performing team, we put our clients and innovation first. However, growing together and being passionate about our mission also means having fun together. So prepare for remote team gatherings and after work drinks on us!
We offer you a highly competitive compensation package that gets reevaluated every year.
“A day about you, away from your computer” is the motto for our annual Detox Days.
As hard working professionals, we trust in your sense of responsibility so no micromanaging but a flexible work environment where you can either work from home or join us in a wework office!
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.