At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
What you will do:
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our our team!
Where you will have impact:
- Build new features from idea to implementation. Work with our product and design teams to find the best solution for our customers. Collaborate with the other engineering teams to work out the technical specifications and implementation details. Always keeping good UX, performance and scalability in mind.
- Work on keeping a high technical standard, together with the rest of the frontend teams. This would entail, but is not limited to, keeping up with the latest technologies, constantly thinking about our current architecture and how we can improve implementations.
- Provide ongoing support to your team members and other teams in the company. We have a very open and flat structure and have a very short feedback loop on both internal and customer questions.
About our team:
The Lighthouse Frontend team in Ghent is the most visible part of what our engineering team does. Its mission is to build a reliable and performant web application that’s being fed by our data APIs. The challenge lies in managing the large and complex amounts of data that we’re crunching on the fly, and at the same time offering a simple and actionable experience to our end user. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
Technologies you’ll work with:
Ember.js, Sass, Stencil.js, Storybook, Lerna, Gitlab, Docker, GCP
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
What's in it for you:
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realise their full career potential
- A mandate to operationalize and democratise research through tools, training, and processes
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium or a company car
- Extensive health insurance packages for you and your dependents prioritising our employees' holistic well-being and healthcare needs
- Private pension funding through group insurance
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- A solid understanding of core web and browser concepts.
- Experience with any modern frontend framework such as React, Vue.js,... - we use Ember.js.
- Capable of supporting other frontend engineers.
- Experience with building frontend applications that work with large amounts of data.
- A desire to work with product and design to find the best possible solution for the customer, always keeping good UX, performance and scalability in mind.
- Interest in visualising large amounts of data.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with design systems or component libraries.
- Knowledge of Python, Django.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.