Paid Media Manager
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
The Paid Media Manager is responsible for building brand and product awareness, effectively targeting prospect and customer audience segments with creative paid media campaigns to fuel pipeline growth. The ideal candidate has experience in leading strategy, optimizing budgets, and scaling across a number paid media digital platforms and channels. This global role balances creative, messaging and our paid media channel strategy to reach target segments in our North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM markets.
Your expertise should lie in analyzing paid media performance data, forecasting, assessing return on advertising spend (ROAS), implementing A/B testing frameworks, utilizing content to strategically drive website traffic and converting visitors into leads. You will devise customer acquisition and retargeting strategies to guide leads through the funnel. You will set strategy across all paid media levers in collaboration with our global marketing team. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, data-driven, and passionate about meeting lead and revenue targets. You will report to the Head of Demand Generation and will play a critical role in our digital marketing team's growth.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage integrated paid media plans across various channels to enhance brand awareness, build pipeline and boost new customer acquisition
- Establish customer cross-sell/upsell paid media strategies to encourage the adoption of our commercial platform
- Plan, implement, and optimize SEM (Google, Bing) and paid social media (LinkedIn/META) campaigns to achieve marketing pipeline objectives
- Manage campaigns end-to-end, including budget allocation, audience targeting, ad creative, and strategy execution, ensuring alignment with the overall marketing strategy
- Analyze paid media campaign performance data, draw insights, and prepare comprehensive performance reports. Use analytics tools (GA4/Hubspot/SFDC/Looker) to track key metrics, measure ROAS, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Apply advanced targeting and segmentation strategies to reach and engage specific audience segments. Stay updated on industry trends and standard processes to optimize audience targeting
- Conduct A/B testing on ad creatives, copy, and targeting parameters to refine and enhance campaign performance. Implement learnings to improve future campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with the brand, content, design, and marketing operations teams and other partners to ensure cohesive and integrated marketing efforts
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities, and develop strategies to differentiate our brand and maximize campaign effectiveness
- Stay current with changes in paid media platforms' algorithms, features, and advertising options. Implement new features and strategies to stay ahead of industry trends
- Manage campaign budgets effectively, ensuring optimal allocation. Provide accurate budget forecasts and manage spending within allocated limits
- Support Sales Development Representative (SDR) and sales teams in handling inbound leads generated through a paid media programs. This includes lead qualification, follow-up procedures and methods for tracking and improving conversion rates
- Collaborate with our paid media agency in managing our paid programs
What’s in it for you?
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited PTO, allowing you to take time off as you see fit
- Two annual Wellbeing Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realize their full career potential
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up
- A compensation program that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- 401k matching up to 4%
- The option of three health insurance plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield that will suit your personal needs
- We know not everyone relaxes the same way; therefore, we’ve opted to support your general wellbeing by subsidizing up to 80% of your monthly ClassPass subscription
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Minimum 4-5 years of hands-on paid SEM (Google/Bing) and paid social media advertising experience in B2B SaaS
- A strong digital marketing background preferred (paid media, ABM/6sense, digital campaign strategy, landing page optimization and SEO)
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (preferably Hubspot/Marketo) and CRM platforms (preferably Salesforce)
- Proficiency in analytical tools (GA4 or Looker) and data-driven decision-making
- Digital marketing or marketing operations experience in campaign set-up, operations and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, demonstrating flexibility and the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior experience working with a global marketing team
In addition to benefits and other Lighthouse total rewards, the annual base salary for this role is $75,000. We benchmark our salary ranges for new hires in relation to the role, level, and role location; however, we consider a multitude of factors, to include relevant experience, skills, and education/training, to determine compensation within the identified range.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.