Product Manager, Monetization Lead
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this person will be a senior product leader helping the company grow all aspects of monetization from working with marketing on acquisition and pricing and packaging, through the full lifecycle of upgrade, retention and hand off to Sales.
With their core product gaining rapid adoption, they believe this role can help push Otter.ai to the next level of enterprise growth. The right person thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile start-up environment and will enjoy the freedom to develop and optimize products that improve the way we communicate. This role is on the Growth Product team lead by Otter’s CGO, Darius Contractor, who has 20 years experience driving virality, engagement and retention at top social (Bebo, Facebook) and bottom-up B2B SaaS (Dropbox, Airtable) startups.
- Develop and execute a monetization strategy that maximizes revenue and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction and making Otter a ubiquitous premium product.
- Can work closely with our sales, marketing, and product teams to drive revenue growth and improve customer retention/churn mitigation techniques.
- Own driving down refund request and payment failure rates working closely with CX team
- Identify and implement new monetization opportunities through analysis of customer behavior, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Work with the product team to design and implement new features that drive user engagement and increase monetization potential
- Work with Marketing to evolve pricing and packaging to incentivize activation, drive revenue and support new feature rollout
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling value propositions and messaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Collaborate with the sales team to create pricing strategies that maximize revenue while minimizing churn and customer dissatisfaction.
- Analyze data to track revenue performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead a team of monetization specialists, providing guidance and support to ensure optimal performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to enable and support exponential growth and engagement goals.
- Work with Sales to move high-value self-serve accounts into the sales funnel via a PQL motion
We're looking for someone who
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field.
- 5+ years of experience in monetization or related fields, with a proven track record of driving revenue growth.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making.
- Experience in B2B SaaS preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple departments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful monetization strategies.
- Bonus: 2 + years managing a team to do optimization to do growth work.
- Comfortable in fast-paced and entrepreneurial settings.
- Brings a growth mindset - a belief that dedication, hard work, and 360 feedback is essential for high performance.
- Decisive, independent and able to function with full autonomy.
- Natural leader, mentor and engaged team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels.
- Deep understanding of client and customer needs with a passion for building products users love.
We are in the business of shaping the future of work. Our mission is to make conversations more valuable.
With over 1B meetings transcribed, Otter.ai is the world’s leading tool for meeting transcription, summarization, and collaboration. Using artificial intelligence, Otter generates real-time automated meeting notes, summaries, and other insights from in-person and virtual meetings - turning meetings into accessible, collaborative, and actionable data that can be shared across teams and organizations. The company is backed by early investors in Google, DeepMind, Zoom, and Tesla.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
*Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.
Annual base salary $180,000 to $210,000
This salary range represents the low and high end of the estimated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for the role is dependent on several factors. Our base salary is just one component of a comprehensive total rewards package.