Research Scientist, Speech Recognition
Do you want to work on cutting edge AI technology that people love to use everyday? Do you want to contribute fundamental research to drive the industry forward? Come work alongside industry-leading scientists and engineers pursuing our mission to make conversations more valuable.
- Design and develop algorithms for accurate and efficient speech recognition
- Train, evaluate, and optimize ASR models for various factors including accuracy, latency, and resource utilization
- Preprocess and curate large speech datasets for training models
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in speech recognition and related technologies
- Collaborate with backend team to deploy new models to production
We're looking for someone who
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field; or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field plus equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience working on end-to-end ASR
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of Python & C++
- Comfort working in a Linux command-line environment
- Team player with good communication skills (oral and written)
We are in the business of shaping the future of work. Our mission is to make conversations more valuable.
With over 1B meetings transcribed, Otter.ai is the world’s leading tool for meeting transcription, summarization, and collaboration. Using artificial intelligence, Otter generates real-time automated meeting notes, summaries, and other insights from in-person and virtual meetings - turning meetings into accessible, collaborative, and actionable data that can be shared across teams and organizations. The company is backed by early investors in Google, DeepMind, Zoom, and Tesla.
Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
Salary Range: $185,000 to $250,000 USD per year.
This salary range represents the low and high end of the estimated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for the role is dependent based on several factors. Our base salary is just one component of our comprehensive total rewards package.