Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
As an Account Executive at Varicent, you will be an influential member of our global sales team. Varicent solves the #1 challenge for every CEO: Inspiring Performance. Our Sales Performance Management software is critical to increasing revenues and driving overall performance. As the industry leader, we continue to pave the way in sales performance management, sales effectiveness, sales compensation, and employee engagement.
We’re looking for a resourceful, driven and results-oriented enterprise sales professional to help us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals. You will work closely with our Sales Leadership to set priorities and make key strategic decisions. You’ll shape and influence every part of our enterprise sales process to roll out a winning strategy that has a material impact. You’ll partner cross-functionally to help scale our process and bring your experience and sales expertise to help raise the bar across the company.
At Varicent, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we’re challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Develop prospecting strategy along with Business Development resource.
- Identify ideal customers in region.
- Develop overall sales strategy along with sales leadership.
- Execute successful sale campaign insuring customer requirements are understood and met.
- Manage pricing and contract negotiation process along with Varicent leadership and customers.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of proven closing and quota carrying experience selling enterprise software solutions
- Experience establishing strategic C-level relationships with businesses and comfort selling to c-suite executives within major accounts in the SaaS market
- Confidence in your ability to run high-volume pipelines in a dynamic, rapidly changing and environment
- Interest in the ICM and/or CRM/SAAS tech space, you will become a subject matter
- expert quickly and continue to deepen your product and industry knowledge over time
- Hustle, determination, entrepreneurial ambition, customer-centric approach, and deep sales expertise
- Within 1 Month You Will:
- Attend Varicent Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn go-to-market
- messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Account Executive team individually to
- understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Start developing an account strategy with your Manager’s support
- Within 3 Months You Will:
- Own your numbers - consistently achieve your goals on activity metrics and
- conversations within your account list
- Become an Varicent product expert and confidently speak to the value of integrating ICM within your accounts.
- Successfully leverage partner relationships with ISVs/GSI’s
- Within 6 Months You Will:
- Continue to own your numbers- consistently achieve your goals on activity metrics and conversations within your account list
- Within 12 Months You Will:
- Consistently exceed your business goals and continue your track record of closing opportunities and exceeding quotas
- Gain a strong understanding of sales performance management space and the business challenges
- Consider yourself as a product expert in SPM space.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact