Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers, cloud architects, and business professionals. You will be leveraging your troubleshooting skills to support our operations activities and your design skills to develop the automation of tools to deploy code and new infrastructure. Work with us and learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry.
What you will do:
- Coding and Development: Write, test, and maintain code for software applications or systems under the guidance of senior developers. Follow coding standards and best practices to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Problem Solving: Analyze software requirements and assist in designing technical solutions. Identify and troubleshoot software defects, working closely with the team to find and implement effective solutions.
- Security Awareness: Be aware of and adhere to security best practices in software development, helping to identify and mitigate potential security vulnerabilities.
- Code Reviews: Participate in code reviews to learn from experienced developers and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Bug Fixing: Collaborate with senior developers to investigate and resolve software defects and issues promptly. Monitor and track bug reports and work on solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaboration: Work closely with senior developers, team leads, and cross-functional teams to understand project goals and requirements. Participate in technical discussions and contribute to decision-making processes.
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with team members, providing status updates on tasks, reporting issues, and seeking guidance when needed.
What you will bring:
- Experience with micro-services architecture, Docker and AWS (Lambda, Aurora, ECS)
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- A passion for building high-performance, scalable systems in the Cloud
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- IN THE SHORT TERM (1-3 MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Be trained on our tech stack and join a squad of cloud engineers to support, optimize and improve our production environments.
- Follow standard procedures to handle and resolve requests for the Cloud Operations tea
- IN THE MEDIUM TERM (3-8 MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Work with application teams to automate application setup, deployment and configuration changes.
- Provide technical solutions to automate processes or functions to improve business operations.
- Continually monitor and tune application infrastructure to assure optimal performance, availability, and utilization of resources.
- Work with the Architecture, Development, and Quality Assurance teams and contribute to the technical planning of upcoming features in the next release.
- IN THE LONG TERM (8+ MONTHS) YOU WILL:
- Be the subject matter expert for the new features you've built or enhancements you've implemented and propagate your knowledge throughout the team.
- Lead technical discussions and design for new projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process change in the team, and work with stakeholders to improve operations workflows.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact