Data Operations Analyst
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
The Data Operations Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, reliability, and integrity of our data systems. You will play a key role in ensuring data quality control, data cleansing, and lead data integration activities. In collaboration with our internal teams and data engineers, you will identify opportunities for process optimization and generate data-driven insights around Customer Journeys, for Leadership to make informed decisions. This position is ideal for someone who has a strong analytical mindset, attention to detail, and a passion for working with data.
What You'll Do:
- Data Analysis & Optimization
- Work with Data Engineering and Systems team to review, maintain and optimize the business processes around internal apps (HubSpot, SalesLoft, Salesforce, etc) and data-warehouse (Snowflake), ensuring accurate data models are being exposed for reporting;
- Conduct monthly reviews of Company KPIs & reporting, summarizing the month over month changes in trends and opportunities for the Executive team;
- Continuously assess and refine revenue operations processes to adapt to changing business needs and market conditions, and perform ad-hoc results analysis when required;
- Identify opportunities for process automation within the full Customer Journey (Acquisition, Leads, New Sales, Renewals, Implementation, Invoicing);
- Data Documentation
- Active involvement in gathering business users’ requirements and defining the data models for reports and dashboards, track all Company-level KPIs;
- Maintain high quality documentation for internal business process workflows
- Collaboration and Communication
- Be a key member of the Data Governance and Analytics team, along with other members of the Data Strategy organization, taking ownership of all data processes and analysis, which includes the monitoring of end-user reporting;
- Collaborate with the Revenue Operations, Sales, Professional Services and Finance to implement process flows for key areas of the business, revolving around the existence, completeness and accuracy of data and in all output reports
- Develop and lead the internal program promoting data literacy, enabling Varicent internal users on available data models and self-serve reporting
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (Master's degree is a plus).
- 3+ years proven experience in data operations, data quality, and data integration.
- Proficiency in data management tools and technologies, such as SQL, ETL tools, data cleansing tools, and data visualization tools (PowerBi, Tableau, Sigma, Looker)
- Highly adaptable and driven to take ownership of deliverables
- Proficiency in CRM systems (Salesforce experience is an asset) and Excel
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for data accuracy.
- A self-starter who can take charge of tasks with minimal direction
- Proficiency in data management tools and technologies, such as SQL, ETL tools, data cleansing tools, and data visualization tools
- Knowledge of data governance and compliance with data privacy regulations
- Experience in summarizing findings and insights using visuals ("telling stories using data")
- Hands-on experience with requirements gathering and solutions design
- 1-3 Months
- Learn and get familiar with our systems end-to-end, our tech stack and business strategic initiatives.
- Help the team with small changes and backlog review and prioritization
- 4-6 Months
- Work and collaborate on a specific business strategic initiative, focusing on bringing clarity to the requirements, including providing a blueprint/roadmap, and determining relevant data points to gather and analyze.
- Deliver required artifacts per program for execution.
- Help with change management process and execution, collaborating on backlog grooming and alignment with key business priorities.
- Measure success of a program, following delivery
- 7 Months & Beyond
- Work on multiple programs concurrently, with a consistent approach, based on what has been learned, implemented, and applied to-date, including:
- Providing initial blueprint/roadmap per program
- Analyzing data to gauge success throughout the program
- Delivering key common artifacts and training of changes to help with enablement/adoption.
- Regularly monitoring the business operations teams’ program backlog and provide inputs into sprint planning and execution.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact