Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Our Professional Services team is the leading provider in the Sales Performance Management space. We are a dynamic group of consultants, architects, and project managers who take pride in helping our clients get the most out of Varicent products by implementing solutions that meet their unique business and technical needs. Joining our practice means becoming part of a team that’s bold enough to chase experiences - like building, designing maintaining scalable compensation models for our customers, using Artificial Intelligence, captivating Visualizations, and unique and cutting-edge DB concepts. The Professional Services team at Varicent is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believes in the value of different experiences, perspectives, and voices.
We are currently looking for a Business Consultant to join our Professional Services team located in Bucharest, Romania.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Preferred candidate is located within a reasonable commuting distance of the Bucharest office.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in designing, building, maintaining, and extending data models in Varicent
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate in order to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Design and build flexible and scalable compensation models using established proven practices
- Create elegant and accurate reports, workflows, and dashboards in Varicent
- Work with customers to develop overall testing plans, test cases and scripts
- Enable your customers to effectively use and maintain their Varicent solution
- Develop Extract/Transform/Load processes for data preparation
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (25-80%)
What you'll bring to Varicent:
- 3 to 5 years of prior experience implementing Varicent or a Competitive Compensation Product
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related business discipline
- Experience implementing Enterprise Applications
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Prior experience with Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
Benefits & Perks:
- Very competitive salary
- Variable Incentive Plan
- Bright, modern office environment and/or flexible work from home options
- Relaxed, welcoming, and supportive team - working together for your success
- Extremely high performing, results-driven, team-based environment
- Social and team-building events
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Varicent is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact