Software Engineer, Platform
Thanks for checking out this job opportunity.
We’re on a re-charge week, enjoying time with family and friends!
Please be advised that Bitly’s offices will be closed from Monday, December 25 until Tuesday, January 2. If you’re applying during this time, you can expect a slight delay in our response, but we’ll be following up with you as soon as possible upon our return.
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure and platform services we need in order to support 10x the volume of requests on our systems
- Leverage Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles to modernize and scale Bitly’s platform and infrastructure and support our 24x7 reliability and availability guarantees
- Continuously improve the way containerized workloads are deployed and managed
- Design, build and maintain internal tools and processes that facilitate developer workflows (deployment, CI/CD)
- Design, build and maintain internal tools and libraries that will improve observability (i.e logging, monitoring, and tracing)
- Work with members across the engineering team to improve and evolve the way services are designed and operated across our engineering team
Who You Are
- Minumum 3 years of experience as a Platform Engineer
- Fluency in Golang (we’re a Golang-heavy shop) & Python. Experience with other modern languages works as well with willingness to focus in Go.
- Experience with Kubernetes (GKE, ECS, native Kube, etc.) in a production environment
- Understanding of Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Production experience running services such as load balancers, relational databases, messaging systems and container-orchestration systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
US Employee Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a $500 home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches (when our offices reopen)
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
- Be a Catalyst. As an innovative technology company, we build our products to be a catalyst for connection and encourage our team to be catalysts for meaningful impact both at work and in the world
- Take Ownership. In our highly collaborative culture, Individual accountability is critical. We depend on each other to solve our customers' most challenging problems and celebrate the wins together
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Our product connects people of all backgrounds and abilities. And our company is built on the belief that our differences make us better and that everyone deserves the opportunity in which to thrive
- Show Integrity. We don’t cut corners. We don’t look for the easy way out. We approach every day with a shared mindset - let’s do the right thing, even if it’s the harder thing
- Have Fun. Whether your time is here is as short as a Bitly link or as long as the links your grandma sends you, we want your experience at Bitly to be fun and memorable. We hope the connections you make here last a lifetime