Outbound Sales Development Representative
Hi, we’re Trace and Rebekah, SDR Hiring Team at Customer.io. We’re looking for Sales Development Representatives (SDR) to join our growing Outbound Team.
At Customer.io, our Outbound Team plays a crucial role in the growth of our premium business by researching, prospecting, and booking discovery calls with leads in our target market. You won't necessarily be a data or technical expert, but having a good understanding of our ideal customer profile and product value to a prospect's business will be important.
Some things you'll do
- Prospecting: Use our tech stack (Apollo, LinkedIn SalesNav, Salesforce, Crunchbase, etc.) to identify and create an ongoing list of new leads in our target market in order to book qualified sales meeting for our Sales Executives
- Team Engagement: Collaborate with the team to hone and develop new and meaningful outreach strategies
- Work with Sales Executives to understand prospect goals, challenges, and use cases
- Gain product knowledge with internal training (via SDR Team/Sales Enablement)
- Outreach: Focus on daily activities such as email, calling, and LinkedIn to connect with your prospect where they are most likely to respond
- Key Performance Indicator minimum expectations: 100 dials per week, 200 Emails per week, 50 LinkedIn tasks per week
- Give real-time feedback on outreach learnings and insights with the sales and marketing team
- You're personable and outgoing - As a 100% remote company most of our meetings are virtual and would love to see your personality shine through the camera
- You take accountability when it comes to managing your workload and numbers
- You're naturally curious and willing to ask questions
- You're always learning, whether it's about the product or use cases and how we help our customers and potential prospects
- You're an outside-the-box thinker and willing to try new and creative approaches to cold outreach
What we're looking for
- Experience with or knowledge of marketing automation platforms
- Previous work for a SaaS company, or understanding of more technical platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated with a self-starting attitude
- Mid-market + Enterprise prospecting a plus
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 6,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a compensation package of USD $60,000 Base + $27,821 = $87,821 On Target Earnings (OTE) (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage at least 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (including adoption and foster care)
- 100% paid insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- $1,500 annual healthy lifestyle budget (for gym memberships, classes, fitness equipment)
- $250/monthly Remote Work Stipend to be used for home internet, cell phone, and other miscellaneous remote work costs
- $300/month co-working space rental reimbursement
- $2,000/yearly professional education budget for conferences, courses, workshops, books, etc.
- $1,500 home office budget to make sure your working space is ergonomic and just what you need to do your best work!
- One month sabbatical after five years at Customer.io
- We also have opportunities to meet in person with your peers throughout the year
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 30-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 60-minute video call with the Interview Team
- 30-minute interview
- 20-minute role play
- 10 minutes for closing remarks and questions