Future Opportunities - Account Executive, EMEA/APAC
👋 Well, hello! My name is Maria Diaz — I’m a Recruiter here at Customer.io. Thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity. The Sales Team and I are proactively seeking qualified candidates for future Account Executive (AE) positions on our team.
While we may not be actively hiring for this role at the moment, we are eager to connect with talented individuals who are interested in getting the ball rolling. This evergreen posting serves as an opportunity for you to express your interest in joining our Sales team.
About the job
This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced team to take your sales career to the next level and help lead our expansion into the EMEA market. If you’ve worked deals in the MarTech or SaaS space and are looking for a role with upward mobility potential, this role could be the perfect fit for you.
Our AEs run the full sales cycle (prospect, demo, close). In addition to sourcing your own opportunities, you'll be fielding qualified inbound demand, as well as qualified outbound demand sourced through our SDR team.
We have a fantastic supportive Customer Success team that you'll be handing customers off to and a wonderful Technical Support team that helps support our customers with their intricate technical questions and problems, so you're joining a company and team that is well-equipped to support our customers.
Some things you'll do...
- Prospect into our ICP (ideal customer profile) within the EMEA region to create your own pipeline of prospective customers. This not only includes cold and warm outreach through phone calls, emails, and LinkedIn touches.
- Take over qualified leads from our outbound and inbound sales teams; run discovery calls (qualifying through MEDDPICC) and full sale cycle to close customers.
- Work with our SDR team to give great feedback on lead quality and sales strategy, so we're constantly sourcing better leads that Customer.io can help and turn into happy customers
- Schedule and perform online demos with qualified prospects.
- Uncover key business needs and problems, match Customer.io's solutions and features
- Own your key numbers! Report present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, and administrative commitments for management
- Explain and demonstrate the features and merits of our products and services
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a top performer in a B2B Saas based Account Executive role, ideally within the Marketing Technology landscape
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC or a similar sales framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You're a creative problem solver who can understand the customer's problem and find the best solution regardless of what the customer is asking for
- You have a Growth Mindset, and always put your customers first!
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 5,800 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $90,000 USD Base + $90,000 Variable = $180,000 USD OTE (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage at least 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 100% paid insurance premiums for you and your dependents, for medical, dental, vision,
- Retirement matching - up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- $1,500 annual healthy lifestyle budget (for gym memberships, classes, fitness equipment)$250/monthly stipend added to your monthly pay for Remote Work - to be used for home internet, cell phone, and other miscellaneous remote work costs
- $300/month co-working space rental reimbursement
- $2,000/yearly professional education budget for conferences, courses, workshops, books, etc.
- $1,500 home office budget to make sure your working space is ergonomic and just what you need to do your best work! People often use this on a standing desk, ergonomic chair, monitor, mouse, headphones, and any other equipment you'll need. Please submit your reimbursement requests within 3 months of your start date.
- One month sabbatical after five years at Customer.io
- We also have opportunities to meet in person with your peers throughout the year
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact!