Channel Account Manager, EMEA
👋Hi, I’m Billy, Sr. Director of Channel Sales at Customer.io.
My team is looking for a high-energy individual, hungry for growth to be our first Channel Account Manager in EMEA to grow and support our existing partner ecosystem. We currently work with 100+ Implementation and Marketing agencies globally to close new business and support our existing client base. As the first PSM in EMEA, you will be the face of Customer.io, working with existing partners, acquiring new ones, and attending industry events to source and close new prospects. You will be responsible for 1) Generating partner-sourced opportunities and managing end-to-end sales cycles 2) Holding a closed revenue quota from partner-sourced opportunities 3) Enabling partners to lead sales cycles for Customer.io 4) Supporting partners to level up in our Partner Program 5) Providing as much value as possible to our partners through revenue share, co-selling, referrals, and marketing.
If you’ve been a top performer in sales or partnerships, and are looking to be the first PSM in Europe to scale our program then this is an excellent role for you!
Some things you’ll do:
- Drive new revenue through our existing and new agency partners and maintain a closed revenue quota
- Manage full sales cycles, including exploratory calls and demos with partners
- Build your pipeline by sourcing new opportunities from partners
- Create mutual accountability plans (i.e. partner sales targets) with external stakeholders and drive urgency to deliver results
- Deliver product and sales training to channel partners to ensure they are equipped to effectively sell and promote customer.io products and services
- Enable partners to know how to position Customer.io above competitors
- Manage relationships with existing and new partners
- Attend industry conferences, masterminds, and networking events to prospect new clients
- Quarterly in-person meetings with your top partners
- Engage with hundreds of client-facing team members from your partners through email, lunch and learn, and in-person meetings
- Develop our partner program, processes, and documents to enable our partners to become ambassadors of the Customer.io platform
- Become a Customer Marketing Expert
Competencies / Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in an Account Executive or sales-focused partnership role
- You can support typical working hours within the UTC or UTC+1 time zones
- You have experience running full sales cycles
- Consultative selling experience and understanding of Sandler Sales & MEDDIC Sales qualification processes
- You’ve been a top performer at your previous roles and held sales targets
- You’ve managed partner, customer, or prospect relationships on an ongoing basis and not just transactional
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 6,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package starting with a base salary of $84,000. Additionally, there is a variable component of $34,000, bringing the total On Target Earnings to $120,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency). For the ideal candidate, we are ready to consider an enhanced offer beyond the stated compensation package to reflect your qualifications and value to our team.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage at least 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (including adoption and foster care)
- 100% paid insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- $1,500 annual healthy lifestyle budget (for gym memberships, classes, fitness equipment)
- $250/monthly Remote Work Stipend to be used for home internet, cell phone, and other miscellaneous remote work costs
- $300/month co-working space rental reimbursement
- $2,000/yearly professional education budget for conferences, courses, workshops, books, etc.
- $1,500 home office budget to make sure your working space is ergonomic and just what you need to do your best work!
- One month sabbatical after five years at Customer.io
- We also have opportunities to meet in person with your peers throughout the year
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- Assignment Review Call with two potential team members