Solutions Engineer I
Lucid Software is the leader in visual collaboration, helping teams see and build the future from idea to reality. We hold true to our core values: innovation in everything we do, passion & excellence in every area, individual empowerment, initiative and ownership, and teamwork over ego. At Lucid, we value diversity and are dedicated to creating an environment and culture that is respectful and inclusive for everyone. Lucid is a hybrid workplace. We promote a healthy work-life balance by allowing employees to work remotely, from one of our offices, or a combination of the two depending on the needs of the role and team.
Since the company’s founding, Lucid Software has received numerous global and regional recognitions for its products, business, and workplace culture. These include being named a Fortune Best Workplace in Technology and a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, inclusion on the Forbes Cloud 100, and ranking in the top 100 on G2’s 2023 Best Global Software Companies. Top businesses use our products all around the world, including customers such as Google, GE, and NBC Universal. Our partners include industry leaders such as Google, Atlassian, and Microsoft.
We are looking for a smart, inquisitive, passionate, organized and creative individual to join the Solution Engineering (SE) team. This role will work directly with the Lucid sales team to accelerate the growth of our thriving suite of products: Lucidchart, Lucidspark, and Lucidscale. As the technical point of contact throughout the sales cycle, you will be essential to Lucid’s success by understanding and demoing the product suite, as well as crafting business solutions that solve real-world problems for our clients.
- Create and deliver custom technical demos of the Lucid product suite to prospects and customers
- Become a respected product expert internally and source of knowledge for customers
- Creative and strategic problem solving to identify and solve inefficiencies in SE team operations.
- Answer security related questions and alleviate concerns.
- Engage frequently with Product and Engineering teams to relay customer challenges and successes
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of relevent experience and/or an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Economics, or other STEM focus with strong academic performance.
- Peers would describe you as passionate, technical, hard-working, fun to be around, and someone who takes initiative.
- Demonstrate interest in customer success
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including presentation acumen
- Detail-oriented, organized and a good team player
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Can relate to Lucid Software's products and culture
- Can easily thrive working in a fast-paced, start-up-type environment
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment
- Experience working in a customer facing role, in sales, or at a SaaS company
- Experience with coding, Excel formulas, or other technical software tools.
- Familiarity with Cloud Networking Architecture or Information Security is a plus
- Design savvy and familiar with current UX design trends
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies